Today’s recipe is an easy, quick snack or breakfast or dinner as we do. The only thing you have to have is Idli / Dosa batter. If you have the batter already, you can make this in jiffy.
Idli / Dosa batter – 5 cups or as needed
Carrots – 1 big size or 2 medium grated finely
Onions – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Dry Red chillies – 2 broken
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Channa dal – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as needed
Oil – 1 tsp to saute veggie and as needed to make paniyaram
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds and add channa dal.
- When it turns golden add onions and broken red chilies.
- Saute till onion turn translucent.
- Add grated carrots and stir for few minutes. Add required salt and switch off.
- Add this mixture to the batter. Mix thouroughly.
- Now heat a Paniyaram pan. Add a tsp of oil in each hole.
- When its hot, drop a big spoon of batter to each hole.
- When one side is cooked ,flip other side using knife of skewer.
- Cook until both sides turn golden.
- Serve with your favorite chutney or Sambar.
- Instead of dry red chilli, you can add chopped green chillies.
- You can add chopped Curry leaves and coriander leaves.