Craving for Pizza? Can’t wait too long? Try this quick thin crust Bread pizza. This can be ready within minutes with handful of ingredients readily available. You can top it with your desired toppings.My version have no Italian seasonings. If you have you can add it to enhance flavor.
You can have this as breakfast or as evening snack.Kids will love it and ask for more.
Whole wheat bread – 1
Mixed veg Topping – 1/2 cup ( I used chopped onions, tomatoes, spinach, capsicum,corn kernel)
Tomato Sauce – 2 tbsn or As required
Grated mozeralla Cheese – As desired
Chilli flakes – To add when serve
- Roll whole wheat bread to thin using rolling pin.
- Heat tawa or pan. Toast bread for one minute each side.
- Remove it to a plate. Apply tomato sauce, top it with veggies. Top it with required amount of cheese.
- Place it on the pan again. Cover it with a lid and cook in medium flame till cheese melts.
- Serve warm with chilli flakes on it.
- You can use any veggies you like.Chop the veggies finely.
- You can use pizza sauce in the place of tomato sauce.
- You can add Italian seasonings.
- You can use any variety of bread.
This is a humble, simple coconut thuvayal. Coconut thuvayal along with some hot rice in a cold weather is heaven.( Those who haven’t tried, should give a try)😊.
Coconut – 1/2 cup grated
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Urad dal – 1 tbsn
Dry red chilies – 2 or 3
Garlic pod – 1
Asafoetida – a generous pinch
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Tamarind – a small pinch
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsn
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute urad dal, channa dal.
- When it turns golden ,add dry red chillies, curry leaves. Add asafoetida.
- When it turns dark ,add grated coconut. Saute till golden.
- Add coriander leaves.Switch off.
- When it cools down blend it along with tamarind and required salt to coarse chutney.
- Serve along with hot rice.
- Add only little water while blending.
I tasted Pina colada recently in our friends house. Me and my husband like it instantly. My husband was in search of Pina colada in stores and we bought one. It tasted good but not the same. When I saw ingredients, it said in soy milk. So I thought of making my own using coconut milk. It surely came almost similar to what we had. You to give a try and you will love it.
Pine apple chunks – 1/4 cup
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Sugar / honey – as required
- Take all ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Best served chilled.
- You can use fresh or canned fruit. Tastes best when use fresh pineapple.
- You can increase or decrease coconut milk to the desired consistency of the smoothie.
- You can add ice cubes when you blend.
In this cold weather, body needs something to keep warm. Horsegram is one legume which have many medicinal value. It gives warmth to our body. It is widely used in South Indian cuisine.
Here I give you a so simple stir fry, which you can have as an accompaniment for rice or as a snack like I do😊.
Kollu / Horsegram – 1 cup
Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Curry leaves – few
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak horsegram overnight. Then wash it 2 or 3 times. ( Check for impurities. Remove any.)
- Pressure cook horsegram with required water for 3 whistles.
- Drain horsegram. (Save the cooked water for making rasam or other curry)
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onions and curry leaves.
- When it turns translucent, add turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Stir for a minute and add cooked, drained horsegram.
- Add required salt. Mix thoroughly and let it cook for few minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix thoroughly for a minute.
- Switch off. Serve along with any rice or have as snack.
- Instead of red chilli powder, you can add dry red chilli or green chillies which ever you prefer.
I always wanted to try to make some easy healthy bars. So when I saw no bake version of making Cheerios bar I didn’t wait to try. I added my touch it. Hope you like this version of Cheerios bar.
Cheerios – 2 cups
Peanut butter – 1/2 cup
Honey – 1/4 cup
Dry fruits – a handful ( I used pistachios and raisens)
Butter – 1 tbsn
Salt – a pinch
Vanilla essence – 2 or 3 drops
- In a bowl add Cheerios and dry fruits. Keep aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add peanut butter, honey, butter, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt.
- Microwave till peanut butter melts.( Mine took 1 minute)
- Mix thoroughly and add to Cheerios mixture.
- Mix till all Cheerios are coated.
- In 2 inch deep dish, spread a aluminum foil and spread the peanut butter covered Cheerios in it.
- Press it tightly. Keep refrigerated till it sets.
- Cut into small squares and serve.
Recipe slightly adapted from Here
- You can add dry fruits of your choice. Or you can avoid it too.
I am super excited to announce that my first post in new year is my blog was nominated for blogger recognition award again. My new year can’t be more happier than this. I thank Ena of prettyplusandproud.wordpress.com.
She is such a sweet person. If you haven’t checked her blog yet, I highly recommend to check it out.
- I hope you already know that I started this blog in a leisure time but now meticulously blogging to keep record of the recipes I know. So my kids can make use of it.
- I believe I’m still pretty new to blogging ( only months into it). But still for those who still hesitant to start one, I can say blogging gives you confident. It opens a new world before you. You can meet many like minded people who can inspire you. So go ahead and start blogging.
Here are my nominations. If you haven’t checked any, please do.
Thank you once again Ena😊☺