Hi friends, I’m posting this from our new home. Yes, we moved to Kentucky, bluegrass state. Everything happened so fast. Within 1 week my husband’s office wants him to come to Kentucky. After a short hotel stay, now we moved to our home. ( Hotel stay are tough with kids and in laws). As our things haven’t arrived yet, we are adjusting with what we have. I believe it takes some weeks to get settled down in new place.😊
Coming to today’s recipe, it’s simple,yet healthy and tasty dish. This is one staple food in Kerala. Can be had in different ways. Plain cooked , stir fry, with fish or chicken or we can even make biriyani. Yes, I’m talking about Kappa or tapioca. Kappa and Meen pollichathu is a divine combination.
Here I present simple Kappa stir fry. You can have this for breakfast or dinner or as a evening snack.
Kappa / Tapioca/ Yucca root – 1 medium sized
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Channa dal – 1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
- Peel off the skin of tapioca. Cut into half and pressure cook with required water, turmeric powder and salt for 2 or 3 whistles.
- When it’s done, drain the water. Cut tapioca into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds, add channa dal.
- When it turns golden add onions and curry leaves.
- Stir till onions turn transparent. Then add cooked tapioca. Add salt if necessary.
- Serve warm.
- You can serve this as such or with fish or chicken curry.
- You can add grated coconut too.