Panner is an ingredient which most of the people love ( except my husband😉). There are lots of dishes using panner. This is a onion tomato based gravy. This goes well with any roti variety or Pulao.
Panner – 1 cup
Green peas – 1/2 cup ( I used frozen)
Onion – 1 cup chopped
Tomato – 2 medium sized chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 1/2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi – a pinch
Salt – as required
Cashews – 4 or 5
Oil or butter – 2 tsp
- Cut panner to small cubes and drop in warm water till use.
- Heat oil in a pan, sauté onion. When it turns translucent, add tomato and sauté till mushy.
- Let it cool completely and grind along with cashews to smooth paste.
- Heat oil or butter in the same pan, add ginger garlic paste. Sauté till raw smell goes, add ground onion tomato paste along required water.
- Add all spice powders, let it boil till the raw smell goes.
- Add green peas. Add water if required.
- Let green peas get cooked. Add required salt and panner cubes.
- Let the gravy coats well in panner cubes. Add kasoori methi. Let it boil for two minutes.
- Switch off. Serve with roti or Pulao.
- I used frozen. You can also use dried or fresh. If using dried soak overnight and pressure cook before adding to gravy.