Being a Keralite, I haven’t posted many dishes which are Kerala based. So here comes the typical Kerala breakfast, Puttu. It is a steamed dish, so obviously healthy. It is usually made in rice flour but it do have variations. All over Kerala, it is had with different side dishes like Kadala curry, Pappadam , Banana etc.
Here I used rice flour. We use a special mould to make this.
The mould look like This
Rice flour – 1 cup
Salt – As required
Grated Coconut – 1 tbsn for each puttu
Warm Water – As required
- Take rice flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add warm water little by little till the flour looks crumbled.
- Heat a pressure cooker with 1/4th of water. Close it with the lid.
- In the puttu maker add the grated coconut, then the crumbled flour.
- Keep it on the cooker valve where pressure releases.
- Cook for 5minutes till you see the vapour release through the holes of puttu maker.
- Demould it to the plate.
- Serve warm with your preferred sides.
- To know the flour is ready, when you hold tight in your hand ,it will hold and when you crumble it crumbles again.
- You get the whole puttu maker like This.