As Diwali is around the corner , everyone will be in a spree to making sweets and savouries. I here give you a sweet recipe to add in your list.😊
To my friends who doesn’t know about Diwali, it is a festival of lights. There is different stories why Diwali is being celebrated. But the basic moral is , it is to celebrate the winning of good over evil. While the ladies in each home were busy making sweets and savouries, kids will be busy in firing crackers. Everyone will be sharing wishes and sweets .
Now coming to the recipe, this is a different halwa from the usual one. Only with handful of ingredients you get delicious halwa.Yes, this is papaya halwa. When I had papaya which was not so sweet, I came with the idea of making halwa with it. Totally loved it. Hope you will give this a try this festive season.
Papaya puree – 4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cashews – few
Raisens – few
Ghee / Clarified butter- 2 tbsn
- In a heavy bottomed pan heat a tbsn of ghee , fry cashews and raisens till golden. Keep aside.
- In the same pan add papaya puree. Let it cook in medium flame till it becomes to half in quantity. Stir occasionally.
- When it becomes half, add sugar and cook till it gets thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Then add remaining ghee and fried cashews and raisens.
- Switch off. Serve warm or cold.
I just loved the colour. Don’t you?
- When you cook papaya puree, it will splatter a lot. So be careful when you stir. Try to use long laddle.
- Adjust sugar as required.