Halwa is one dessert every Indians crave for😋😉😊( I believe) .Most of them think its difficult to make. But it’s a taboo until we try. There are different types of Halwa’s and here I give you the recipe of Beetroot Halwa .Considering the health benefits of beetroot , this will be one apt sweet to give kids😄😎.
As the festival seasons started, Navarathri and yet to come Diwali, hope you will try this at home and celebrate.
Beetroot – 2 cup grated
Milk – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Ghee – as required
Cashews – few
Pistachios – for garnish( optional)
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan and fry cashews till golden. Keep aside the cashews.
- In the same pan add grated beetroot and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add milk and cook in medium flame till the milk evaporates. Stir continuously.
- Add sugar, now the thickened beetroot again becomes little loosen.
- Cook in medium flame till the sides leave from the sides of the pan. Add ghee little by little.
- Add fried cashews and mix.
- Switch off. Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste.