Always bored of making coconut chutney for idli or dosa, try this onion tomato chutney for a change. This is yummy chutney you will make again and again.
Onion – 1/2 cup roughly chopped
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Ginger – 1 small piece
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Dry red chilli – 1 or 2
Salt – as required
Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and temper channa dal.
- When it turns golden add onion, ginger and curry leaves.
- When onion turns translucent add tomato and sauté till mushy.
- Then add grated coconut and coriander leaves.
- Stir for a minute. Switch off.
- When it cools down,grind along salt with required water.
- Serve with hot idli or dosa.
- You can increase or decrease dry red chilli according your taste.