When you have cold , treat yourself with this pepper chicken. It controls your cold, you will feel better. You can have this even if you don’t have cold😉. You doesn’t need any reason to have this yummy recipe.
Chicken – 2lb chopped into small pieces
Onion – 1 cup chopped finely
Tomato – 1 big chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 paste
Green chilli – 2 slit lengthwise
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
- Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Keep aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds.
- When it crackle add onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- When onion turns golden add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add tomato and sauté till it turns mushy.
- Add marinated chicken and cook covered.
- When it’s half done add pepper powder and salt.
- Add water only if necessary.
- When it’s done add coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with roti, dosa or rice.
- You can add only pepper powder if you want and avoid red chilli powder.
- Adjust pepper and chilli powder as required.
- If you want gravy, add some water while chicken gets cooked.