This is mild curry to have with chapathi/ roti. This is so simple to make.
Potato – 2 medium sized
Carrot – 2
Onion – 1/2 cup chopped
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped
Green chilli – 1 or 2 slit lengthwise
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Oil – 1 tsp
- Pressure cook potato and carrot. Peel off the skin and partly mash it. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add onions, green chilli and curry leaves.
- When onion turns translucent add ginger garlic paste and sauté till raw smell goes.
- Add tomato and add all spice powders.
- Sauté till tomatoes become mushy.
- Add mashed potatoes and carrots.
- Mix thoroughly and add required water.
- Add salt. Let it boil nicely.
- Add chopped coriander leaves.
- Switch off.
- Serve warm with chapathi/roti.