This is a mild egg curry which goes well with roti/ paratha or dosa.
Eggs – 2 hard boiled
Onion – 1/2 chopped thinly
Tomato – 1 medium sized chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Salt – as required
Coriander leaves – few
Coconut – 1/4 cup grated
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick – a small piece
Clover – 2
Khus khus – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves – few
- Grind all the ingredients under ‘ to grind’ to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper items under ‘ to temper’.
- When mustard seeds crackle add onions and sauté.
- When it becomes translucent add ginger garlic paste and sauté.
- When the raw smell goes add tomato.
- Add all spice powders and sauté till tomatoes become mushy.
- Then add ground coconut paste and required water.
- Let it boil. Add half cut eggs and salt.
- Let it boil till required consistency.
- Add coriander leaves and switch off.
- Serve warm with roti/ paratha.