Coriander/ Cilantro leaves are very rich in anti oxidants and fibre which reduces your bad cholesterol. So include this herb in your diet in all possible way.
Here is a simple but yummy chutney to have with idli, dosa or with rice.
Coriander/ Cilantro leaves – 1/2 cup packed
Channa dal – 2 tbsn
Green chilli – 1 or 2
Garlic – 1 or 2 pod
Coconut – 3 tbsn grated
Tamarind – a small piece
Salt – as required
Oil – 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté tamarind, chilli, garlic and channa dal.
- When channa dal gets brown add coconut and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and sauté for a minute.
- Switch off and let it cool down.
- Grind along with required salt and water to your required consistency.
- Serve along with idli, dosa or rice.
- You can grind it smooth or coarse as you like to have.