This is a side dish for chapathi/ roti or can have as a side dish for rice. I saw this in a TV show years back. From then I often make this and it’s one of our favourite dish. Please don’t get mislead by the name ‘keema’ , this dish has no meat in it. I just called it ‘keema’ because of mincing cauliflower and egg.
When I cook this my daughter would say ” Mom I can smell chicken” . Yes, when you cook this dish I am sure someone will be asking you’ Are you preparing chicken for your meal?’😃.
Cauliflower – 1 small size
Eggs – 3
Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
Tomato – 1 finely chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala – 3/4 tsp
Salt – as required
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – few
Coriander leaves – few
Oil – required to sauté
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Heat oil in a pan, crackle mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and onion. Sauté till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste. When raw smell goes add tomatoes.
- Add spice powders and sauté till tomatoes become mushy.
- Add cauliflower florets, stir for a minute.
- Crack open eggs over cauliflower and mix it up.
- Cover and cook for few minutes in medium flame.
- The eggs will soften the cauliflower. You will be able to mash up the florets.
- Add required salt and cover and cook till it gets cooked.
- When it’s done cook in open pan till it gets dry.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Serve warm with roti/chapathi or with rice.
You can make this a filling in chapathi/ roti to make a roll for lunch box.
- You can increase or reduce the number of eggs as your wish.