This can be a healthy breakfast for elders and kids. If giving for infants avoid coconut as it may cause choke in them.
Ragi flour – 3 tbsn
Milk – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
Jaggery/ brown sugar – as required
Coconut – 1/4 cup
Ghee/ melted butter – 1 or 2 tspn
- Take ragi flour, milk, water, jaggery in a pot. Whisk , so there is no lumps.
- In medium flame stir continuously till it boils and thickens. ( It takes 10 to 15 mins)
- When it thickens add coconut and ghee and stir till mixed up.
- Switch off.
- Serve warm.
- You have to continuously stir, if not it will form lumps.
- Adjust sweetness according your taste.
- Adjust water/ milk to your required consistency.