This is a simple fish fry but it tastes good. The addition of shallots gives a nice taste to this.
Fish – 4 fish fillets( I used tilapia)
Shallots – 4 or 5
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 3 tsp
Salt – as required
Curry leaves – a fist full
Oil – as required for shallow fry
- Smash shallots in mortar and pestle or pulse it in mixer.
- Cut half of the curry leaves finely.
- Add shallots, ginger garlic paste, spice powders, curry leaves and salt.
- Make a paste.
- Marinate fish and keep aside for 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Heat oil in the pan.
- Put the remaining curry leaves in it.
- Then cook fish in medium flame till it gets cooked.
- You can use any fish.
- This tastes even good when cooked in coconut oil.
- Adding curry leaves in oil prevents fish from sticking in pan. Also your house won’t smell fish.😃( I got this tip from my aunt).
- Spice level mentioned here is low. You can adjust as per your taste.